Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mark's Fire Academy


So the last two weeks Mark has been gone finishing his fire academy. The last two weeks they require them to go and stay there and finish out the whole process. I was very nervous about him leaving for two weeks with everyone going to different schools and my school schedule, but thankfully I have a lot of support and people willing to help when I need it. My parents stepped in the first week to help pick up and take kiddos to school and Mark's Mom and Step dad came to stay with us the second week. They were so sweet and cooked and did laundry... they were a huge relief! So Thursday Mark had his graduation and they stayed till Friday to do the state certification test. We got his scores back this week and he is officially a certified fire fighter!! I'm so proud of him and that he decided to pursue something that he has wanted to do for a long time. The next city hiring is Abilene so he will be testing there at the end of the month and each city around after that... hoping he finds a position soon!!

1 comment:

Amy Voss said...

I am also so proud of him! That would be totally awesome if y'all moved to Abilene!!! I don't mean to sound all 1980, but we are very excited at the possibility!