Well we made it through the first week of kindergarten. I was never worried about Mabrie because she has been looking forward to starting school all summer, but I on the other hand had a hard time grasping that my first born was going to be leaving me everyday :( The week before school started it just seemed like I was noticing how much she has grown, and would randomly start crying at the thought. The day school started we did great that morning, we decided to walk to school since we live so close and I held it together until we made it out of the school. I'm sure the crosswalk thought I was a little crazy bawling the whole way home. The hardest part has been seeing Allie so sad! She asks ALL day long if it is time to go get Mabrie yet and sometimes I will find her just sitting somewhere looking like she has lost her best friend and when I ask her whats wrong she just says "I miss Mabrie". It is enough to break any mothers heart! I love that my girls are this close and I know this week will be better since Allie starts Pre-K and that will keep her busy too. Mabrie has been going to bed every night singing, "I love school, I love school, I love school" so I hope this love of learning only grows this year! Thursday she was tired and when she went to school asked her teacher why she couldn't sleep in, and she told her that if you don't get to school on time they send you to the office for a note. Mabrie said it so seriously and I asked her what the note would say and she said "I don't know but its a bad note so I will always get up because I don't want one of those."
Please lift our family up this week since Allie and I start school this week. This year is going to be so crazy for us with 4 of us at different schools and Mark finishing his fire academy, but nothing is impossible with God and He will lead us through it!
Allie saying good-bye



1 comment:
I'm sure the crossing guard knew you had just dropped off your Kindergartener. I'm sure the crossing guard sees crying mothers every year :)
Post a Comment