Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God is in charge!

As I sat up last night and watched our new president be announced I was reminded of a scripture in Daniel that says that God sets up Kings and He deposes them. I was in a Daniel study a year or two ago and decided I should get that out and remind myself of the truths I learned. With everything going on in our country it can be scary at times, and I have to make the decision each day to trust in God's plan and not focus on what is going on around me. I don't always make that choice each day and for some reason or another I chose to see all the chaos and uncertainity and get scared. The first page in this Beth Moore study I turned to said that God's providence is intentional and purposeful. The way that Beth describes providence gave me much encouragement today and I pray it will do the same for you! "Providence: God has a plan and purpose for His world. Providence is not a principle of orderliness or reason; rather, providence is the will of the Creator who is actively involved in moving His creation to a goal. History is not a cyclical process of endless repetition; history is being moved toward the predetermined end." I am so thankful that I serve a God who sees the whole picture and I can trust in His plan for my life and for America! I hope you have a blessed day today.

No comments: