This has been one exhausting week, but also a week when all I can do is thank the Lord for everyday He gives us. Sunday I had planned a surprise paintball party for my husband since he was turning the big 30! That morning I went to pick up Mabrie from mom's because she stayed the night and mom said Dad wasn't feeling well. After church I went back over there since I had put Mark's dad in charge of getting him to the party. After reading the symptoms to a heart attack online (what would we do without the internet) Dad decided to go to the hospital. They insisted that we still go on with the party and they would call us as soon as they knew anything. We did and Mark had a great time! After the party we went to the hospital and found out that he had had a major heart attack and was in Critical Care. He had his heart catheterization, and found out that the artery that was blocked was known as the 'widowmaker' and He was extremly lucky to have made it. They have put in some stints and they released him Thursday. The dr. also said this didn't look like his first heart attack and after asking him how long he has been having chest pain, the stubborn man said a whole year! I can not imagine if I was to lose my dad, and I thank God for giving us more time with him!!! Please continue to pray for him as he has a long road ahead of him. They have told him that he HAS to quit smoking and drinking and change his diet. The dr. said do these things or die so please pray for him to be able to put these things behind him. He has done amazingly well since he has been home and I am so proud of him! I love you Dad and I can't wait to see you exercising ;)
I also want to say a huge thank you to my mother in law Nancy and Bud. They drove up and stayed with my girls all week so I was able to sit with my parents all week in the hospital. Not only did they play with the girls but they did laundry, cooked all the meals, and just took care of us. No words can express how much they mean to me, and how thankful I am that they enabled me to be there for my parents. Thank you guys so much!!!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow!! God is good. As a daddy's girl I can understand the fear this must have given you. We are praying for him as he alters his life. My dad had to do the same thing.
We were looking at your girls pics and Kyra noted hey they have the same middle names as me and Katie. Kyra Lynn and Katie Grace
glad things are so far so good. i will be praying that he finds the strength to kick some of those old habits.
Oh my gosh!! I cant believe that, your dad always was a stubborn one! lol I will def keep in my my prayers, and you and your family stay on him to keep him healthy. :)
Post a Comment