Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes

Since Mark's car was totalled the girls and I have had a lot more time to spend at home. So yesterday we decided to make the best of it and cook up some cupcakes. I have seen these rainbow cakes on a couple of blogs I follow but after reading all the directions I wasn't quite up for cooking 9 different layers and I also did not have the right pan so we improvised and made some rainbow cupcakes. Here are the girls so excited to get started.

My big helpers getting the cupcake pan ready and then starting to mix up the cake mix. Oh how they love to use a mixer!
This is why the love the love the mixer... licking the cake mix off the best part.
After adding in food coloring they opted to go for bright girly colors like pink, purple, green and orange instead of the primary colors. Look a little like easter eggs but oh well.
Again with their little fingers licking anything left over.
And here is how they came out... they girls loved them and they were mighty good!
Oh and we got two thumbs up!
Since I have started back to school we have not had as much time as I would like, but today was just a great day with them. As we waited for the cupcakes to be done we turned up the music and danced in the kitchen. Nothing brings laughter about like Mabrie and Allie dancing. I hope I never forget these days, they make it all worth it!

No comments: