Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Crying, Chaos, and Kids OH MY!

Today was one of those days. You know the days where everything seems to be going wrong, and you have no idea how you are going to make it. It started off just like any other day. I got up had my time with the Lord (thank you Jesus because without you I would not have made it today!) Lacey was dropped off and then my girls got up. The morning went okay even though Lacey's nose ran all day so I became the professional wiper and she was very whiney today. Then it was time for the morning nap... down she went but the poor thing refused to go to sleep. She would not let me out of her sight and would scream if I walked away even for a second. Then it's lunch and I am counting down the minutes till afternoon nap... only at nap time Lacey again decided she didn't need a nap. Oh my! She screamed and screamed. Oh did I mention that she had a little poop incident that went all the way up her back. Anyway then cried the rest of the afternoon. I could not calm her down and she cried till she woke Allie up. So Allie only slept maybe 30 minutes, then my tears came. All I did today was wipe oses, wipe bottoms, try to calm crying babies... oh and sweep the floor an unnumerable amount of times. Then it was time for Lacey to go... oh did her face light up when Mommy came. So after she left and I had cried some more I decided that I needed some good quailty time with my girls to lift my spirits. So we decided to make cookies. I am so blessed to have such wonderful girls and we had so much fun. We made a mess and ate cookie dough and laughed. At night Mabrie and I always tell eachother what our favorite part of the day was and today mine was definately making cookies with my angels. Here are my little bakers.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

oh you poor thing! i would have been in tears too!

oh and i agree...cookie dough can make everything better! yeah for some fun in the kitchen!

Tracy said...

MMMMMMMM, cookie dough sounds good. Glad there was one bright spot in a rather cloudy day. Weekend is almost here!!

Unknown said...

Well, at least your day ended well with your little sweeties & cookies! YUM!