Friday, August 29, 2008

First Day

On Thursday Mabrie started her first day of preschool. She has been so excited about going to school and has been asking for months when was she going to get big enough for school. Well the day finally came and she was SUPER excited. She was disappointed on Tuesday when she found out we were just meeting the teacher and that she was going to be learning all her letters :) That girl is so much like me... loves to learn. Anyway I did really well taking her in and holding my composure even though I wanted to burst into tears as I saw her walk in. I held it in all the way till I got to the car and then it hit me. My baby is growing up and it seems like it is going by in a blur. After reading my friend Michelle's blog about Cooper starting Kindergarten I cried at that thought. Praise Jesus that I am not there yet! I want to cherish every minute that I have with my girls. She did say she loved her teacher and she had fun on the swings but that was about it oh and that a mean boy pushed her but her nice teacher took care of it. It is so fun to listen to her and the way she talks so grown up. Here are some pictures of my big girl!
Here is Daddy praying for a great day!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

i love her napmat!!! too cute! i saw her in the hall after mark picked her up and i asked her if she had a good day. she actually put a big smile on and answered me out loud with a confident "yes".

The Jessie James Gang said...

I have 3 girls too! (found you on 4 little men) That picture of Daddy praying with Mabrie is so sweet.

Unknown said...

Oh honey you're both gonna do great! ; ) She's so cute with all her matching "gear!"