Thursday, January 29, 2009

First Ice Skate

Last week I went to Mabrie's school for the parent teacher conference, and her teacher just went on and on about how great Mabrie was. So since she only had one more marble to move in the happy jar when we got home I told Mabrie I was so proud of her that we could move that last marble. (we have been using the happy and sad jar for awhile and it works great!) She had been asking to go ice skating every time we go to the mall and we had decided that, that would be her reward when she filled up the happy jar. So since Thursday's are cheap skate night we decided to go ahead and take her. We were pleasantly surprised when we got there and they informed us they were having a party and all was free! They had a huge pile of snow that the kids could make snowballs and throw them at the target they had set up, and little sled things they slide the kids around on. Her and Daddy had a blast and Allie and I enjoyed some time shopping.
Here are some pics (although not great since i was upstairs trying to get pictures)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

a party!?!?! i wish i would have know about that...i would have sent david and kirstyn. oh well. she is working toward an ice skating date with daddy with her marble jar! almost there...

i'm glad mabrie had a good time!