This morning I completed my first 5K. I have been saying I wanted to do this for awhile and when I group of my friends (tracy, elaine, natalie, carrie, michelle, jenn g., and claudia) were talking about it I decided to jump in! I just started running about 3 weeks ago (although one of the weeks I was in Ohio and wasn't able to run) and I cut 7 minutes off of my original time. I am so proud! We are all planning our next 5K in February and I am so excited. I am hoping to keep up the running and trim some more time down! I love having such a great group of mom's to encourage and challenge me.
After the run
I usually do not make resolutions but think about things I would like to improve or do better this year. One of those things this year is trying to get the weight off that I let creep on this year. With Mark traveling so much this year (almost 6 months of the year he was out of town) I would eat after I put the girls down for comfort or we ate out too much since I did not have Mark to cook for. I am committed to working out and eating better! After finishing that 5K I just felt like I can do whatever I put my mind too. So to keep myself accountable I am going to put a ticker on the side of my blog and will try to update it as I lose weight. I started eating better the day after Christmas and I have already lost 4lbs, so I am off to a pretty good start!
What are you committed to doing better this year?
4 comments:
I am so excited too!!!! I am excited for us to all start encouraging each other to be healthy and soon we will be the "skinny mom" playgroup that makes everyone wonder...how do they do that?
Wow!! That is incredible! I am so proud of you. I could walk a 5k does that count??? You know I have the same commitment....mainly so when I'm old and in the nursing home..I can at least get around. :-) I want to be the old granny on the beach chasing my grandkids and Rody!! :-)
I can't believe you have already lost 4pds. Good for you! I am right there with you wanting to loose my baby weight. :)
I can't believe I am saying this but it really was fun...I hope it will be the next time too!
Post a Comment