Monday, January 19, 2009

Me? Sentimental? Nah

For months now Mark has been searching for me a new car. I am very blessed to have a husband who can always find great deals on cars. He has been asking me constantly what kind of car I would like and what I would not drive and I kept telling him I really didn't care. I kept telling him my car was fine and I was happy with it, but because he does travel a lot he worries and wants to make sure we are taken care of when he is gone and since my car was pushing 130+ thousand miles he insisted it was time to move on. I finally told him fine whatever he thought I'm sure would be fine (although i did say no mini-vans, sorry to those of you who have them I am just not a minivan person). Before we left for Ohio he found another jeep like mine only newer and 100,000 less miles. I told him that was fine but lets just wait until we get back and keep praying about it. Well when we got back he said he was sure we were supposed to get it, so I let him go and buy it without me even looking at it (talk about trust:) My poor husband kept saying aren't you excited you got a new car! I said I liked and it did drive smoother than my old jeep but something was bothering me. One day in the shower (usually the only quiet place where I can actually think) I was thinking about why was I sad to let my old jeep go it is just a car for goodness sakes, it came to me! That was my first "mommy" car. I gave up my cute VW Beetle when I was pregnant with Mabrie to get a more practical car for a family, and that jeep was what drove Mabrie and Allie home from the hospital. That car was the first thing that really made me feel like a mommy. Mark and I had been looking at cars and I really liked the jeep but didn't think we could afford it at the time. That car was a surprise and I was so excited. I had Mabrie just 2 weeks after getting it. I knew I was sentimental but who knew I would be that way with a car, can you imagine if we were to move?

What silly things do you find yourself holding on to?

1 comment:

Becky said...

We had the same thing with our old car, we had a 12 year old car that the doors would randomly stay locked and it some times would not start, but it was the car we had when we got married. I have learned to love my car now, but will never forget what a great, cheep car it was.