Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Anniversary in CA!

For the past 2 weeks Mark has been working in California (one of the reasons I have not been blogging much). So when we heard that he was going to be there already we decided to fly me up when he was done and celebrate our 8th anniversary a couple weeks early. It was a much needed break from being with the girls by myself the past 2 weeks. I flew in Sat. morning and Mark had worked all night and had not slept in order to finish in time for our weekend. So after lunch we went back to the hotel to let him get a couple of hours of sleep and I sat on the balcony and read. Oh how nice the quiet was! Then we went for dinner and a stroll on the beach. Saturday we were up bright and early and I was ready for a day of fun! We first went to Hollywood (which i was not that impressed with), we saw the Kodak theater, the famous Hollywood sign and a bunch of tourists. Then we went on to Beverly Hills to Rodeo drive, now that I was impressed with :) We ate lunch on the sidewalk and the weather was perfect!! Then after we shopped till our hearts content we went to Laguna beach to watch the sunset. For dinner we went to this beautiful Italian place that was right on the water and could not have been more perfect!!! We didn't have much time on Sunday but we did hit an outlet mall on the way to the airport, what can i say i love a bargain! All in all it was a perfect weekend! I love Mark so much and getting away for our anniversary every year is something I look forward to all year! I have been so blessed with such a wonderful family and I could not ask for anything more! I have a lot of people to thank for making this weekend happen. My girls first spent Saturday and part of Sunday with Amy and Jesse, thank you guys so much!! The girls had a great time, you guys are the best. Then my parents watched them Sunday night and part of Monday. My mom even cleaned my house, am I blessed or what! Then Monday night we had yet another babysitter my cousin Ashley. I wasn't joking when I said it took a lot of people to make this happen! Thank you all so very much!! Everyone went on and on about how good the girls were which I was so glad to hear, I wasn't sure how Allie would do without me since this was the longest I had been away from her, but Mabrie seemed to just take care of her. Anyway here are some pictures from our wonderful weekend, if you haven't gotten away with your husband in awhile you definitely should! It just makes you a happier more patient mommy!!




Oh we also had to make a stop at pinkberry since I always see that in celebrity photos. It was SO good too!! We made a stop there saturday and sunday!

3 comments:

McCullough Family said...

That is SO fun! We need to get away too :) Glad you had the chance to do it.

Rody and Wendy Chesser said...

Happy Anniversary. So great to see a couple living out what God describes as marriage.

Claudia said...

You guys are so cute together. Congrats on you anniversary. When are you coming home?