Saturday, June 13, 2009

Her...

Yesterday a friend of mine talked about a post from a blog that we read when we get the time from our crazy lives. I went to read it this morning and it is like she was speaking words right from my heart! She was talking about being 'the her' that you are when you are serving in ministry and how to be 'her' in the everyday life. Sometimes how we feel like our lives are small here and how she realizes that there are so many serving opportunities she has daily that may seem small but they are not small in the people's lives we touch or to God who sees. I think of the time when I was 15 working at Chick Fil A and someone stopped at the drive thru to tell me thank you and I was doing a great job and I thought about it for the rest of the day and really did a great job that day. I thought about how many people show kindness to Mark in his job and what a difference it makes in his day. How many people can we show Christ in one day with our actions and what difference can I make in someone's life with such a simple thing? She talks about being a refuge for people and truly being different, which can be so hard at times when we are consumed with us and our to-do lists. This is my prayer this morning... that God will continually let me see people through His eyes, that I will be focused on Him, and how even when I feel like I am lost in the piles of laundry and my girls how I am called to be a servant to my family, to others and teach my girls His ways. Thank you Lord for sending me the words that I have been feeling for so long but not able to find.

I am reminded of one of my favorite scriptures "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is — His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

The blog is Bring The Rain if you want to read it.. her words are far more eloquent than my ramblings!!

No comments: