Monday, September 7, 2009

Transition

It has been awhile since I have done any blogging and there have been some big changes at the Mullen house. A couple of months ago God put on my heart that we were to open our home to my neice Amanda. I knew just how huge this was and did not want to do so unless I knew for sure this was something God wanted to do. I prayed that God would lay this on Marks heart and I never mentioned it to him. I kept it just between God and myself and I was constantly in prayer over it. I did not want to get in the way of what God had planned for Amanda and this would mean changing schools, changing churches, and completly changing households. One Sunday after church Mark asked me what I would think about Amanda living with us. I think my mouth just dropped. I told him about what i had been feeling and he said he felt the same way. We prayed about it for the next 2 months wanting to be sure because we knew we couldn't really financially afford nor did we have any room, but if God was leading us we would follow. So long story short she has moved all in, Mark and my dad built her a room on in one week (thanks dad for all the long hours!!!), and we have gotten all settled into a routine. The girls absolutly love her and she is doing great. Amanda I hope you know how much Mark and I love you and believe in you! We are both so excited to see what God has planned for you! You have such personality and boldness that is not easily found! I know that with God nothing is impossible for you!

3 comments:

McCullough Family said...

It is so exciting to see you being used by the Lord, even when things could be hard. You inspire me :) Hope you have a great year wtih THREE girls! :)

Amy Voss said...

Wow Jennifer...you are AWESOME! I am not trying to be funny either. I really mean it. You truely are a woman of God!

Leila said...

That is so awesome, you are such a wonderful Aunt! Amanda is very lucky to have you guys in her life.