We have been in Ohio this past week visiting Mark's family especially his grandmothers, and although it was great getting to see all the family it seemed like one thing after the other went wrong for us. It started off by our brand new car DVD players breaking after the first 8 hours (it took us like 20 something hrs to get there because of all the ice) then after being at Grandma's about an hour we heard Mabrie screaming. It seems somehow her and Piper ran into each other and blood was EVERYWHERE. We finally see that Mabrie's tooth has been busted. After calming her down (and Mark down) and get the bleeding to stop we decide everyone is tired and it is time to go to bed. Mark goes to unload everything out of the truck (oh did I say that we starting having problems with the jeep so we had to take the truck so it was packed in there.) As soon as he opens the playpen we borrowed from a friend the plastic legs fall out of the bag. I started to tear up because I knew our trip to the dentist was going to cost us and now this... frustrating! Mark was able to duck tape it up enough for Allie to have somewhere to sleep, thank the Lord for good ol' duck tape. The next day we got up and a dentist that had been recommended was able to fit us in that morning. She was so good with Mabrie and Mabrie did AMAZINGLY well there. They took the X-Rays which showed she needed her front left tooth and the one next to it pulled. They gave her 2 shots in her mouth and pulled both teeth and she never even whimpered... that girl is tougher than I am! They told us she couldn't eat anything but basic soft stuff yogurt, ice cream etc. Oh and not to run around too much... impossible with 3 cousins she doesn't see too often and loves to run and play with. Thursday was good we went to see the Amish and Mabrie thought that was cool. Then Friday we get up to go see Mark's Ma and Mabrie is complaining of not feeling well. She did look bad but this was our only day to see Ma and we were leaving on Sat. I gave her some toast and just thought she was tired. As we went to put on our shoes she throws up all over me. I looked at Mark and said Oh my goodness I need to go home. Don't get me wrong I am so glad we were able to surprise Mark's grandma's but it really seemed like we were getting hit hard! Mabrie didn't throw up anymore after that and did seem to get better about noon and we decided to head out early Saturday and we drove all night to get home. I am going to attach some pictures and if you have a weak stomach you may not want to see the first one. Oh the title Magic Teeth is because Mabrie asked me if her teeth were magic because they turned into money... too funny that kid.
This was when we went to see the Amish and they had all their carriages lined up. Mabrie thought that was so crazy.
I have some more pictures of the kids with their great Grandma's but I am tired and will have to post them all later.
2 comments:
oh no. that was SOME trip! glad yall are safe and sound at home now...
Merry Christmas!
She is still adorable with two missing teeth!
Post a Comment