At last my husband is home!!!! He got home really late last night and I finally was able to sleep. As some of you know my husband kept saying he was bringing me home a surprise. I actually do not like surprises and have been annoying him asking him for hints for weeks now. Anyway I finally found out what it was last night and all I could do was thank the Lord.
Last year at this time I had been saving up for some new wooden floors. From everyone for Christmas I had asked for gift cert. to lowes and by may last year had saved up quite a bit. Well to make a long story short God asked me to use the money I had been saving for my floors to help send my husband to South Africa. He had been 3 times but had not gone since we had kids. He had a hard time justifying spending $3200 and leaving us for 2 weeks which is why i think God asked me to do it and surprise him. So I did and on Father's day last year I let him know that the plane ticket had been bought and he would be leaving in Aug. All this to say that I knew when God asked me to give that up that he had something better in store for me. The surprise that Mark had for me was that on the job his dad was on had the most beautiful custom wood floors and there was enough left over to redo the living room, hallway, and possibly the kitchen. The floors are worth over $4000 way more than what I had saved. He wrote me the most beautiful note about how because I was obedient God blessed us with something we would have never gotten for ourselves. Then to top it all off... since I have started keeping other kiddos I didn't know when he would be able to put them in, but Troy (the girls daddy) said that his wife was going to be off work next week and I would not need to keep the girls. God worked out every detail... the only thing I can do is say God is amazing and really does give you the desires of your heart!!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow Jenn what a great story! You just gave me chills! God is good and always provides, as we've seen lately around our house too, in many ways...
Yay for Mark being home and yay for new floors! : )
That is awesome.... God IS great! You will love wood floors... especially with kids. Ha!
Brittany
Post a Comment