Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sweet Surprises

As most of you know Mark left for Colorado on the 24th for work. He usually travels two or three times a year for work and when we were first married I started leaving little love notes in his suitcase. I always try to find places so he won't find them till he has been gone awhile (pant pockets, socks, etc). This time when Mark left he did the same for me... I found little post it notes everywhere (behind blinds, in cups, in my drawers, in my wallet, under the washing machine lid etc) Well the other day I found one and it made my day. I was really missing him and was making my coffee and to my surprise there a note was on my splenda... it made my day. It is funny how the littlest things can bring us such joy!


Oh and Mark called and asked if I would book him a flight home for my birthday... so I will not be husband-less on my birthday after all! I am counting down the days... he will have been gone 3 weeks when he comes home on the 18th, entirely too long!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

yeah! glad mark will be home for your birthday! cute notes and great idea...it is great how little things like that can really make our day. david cuts the "love is" cartoon out of the paper and leaves it in random places all of the time. one i recently found was already browning like it had been there a while! :-) he didn't even remember putting it there! it was in the bottom of the kitchen towel drawer and i got behind on laundry when James was sick and found it when i ran out of kitchen towels!

Tracy said...

I am glad Mark is coming home for your bday. Will he be home to stay?

Unknown said...

That is SO sweet - what a great idea. That's wonderful that he will be here for your birthday - what a perfect gift!!